Friday, November 09, 2007

Christmas????? Oh my!!!

I know that everyone seems to be saying it this week BUT I can't believe Christmas is only 7 weeks away. I find myself not really in the holiday mood. I'm not sure if it is I have so much to put together or if my mind is just changing. Over the years the way I approach Christmas is so different. I don't want to give gifts that don't have any thought to them. I would rather give nothing than impulse buy........that is a BIG step for me!!!

This year I took a challenge from Ali Edwards and chose a word for the year. I may have shared it before but my word has been contentment. To be honest with myself I have to say I have been anything but content this year. I just can't seem to put my finger on it. I do feel a shifting taking place as Christmas is approaching.

I'm going to slow down and take a few things in, sites and sounds. The forecast is for snow this weekend. We shall see.

1 comment:

Stampin n da Hood said...

I'm with you, Juel...
seems we see Christmas signs in July these days...
Yeesh! Why don't they just leave it all up all year 'round!?