Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Falling Down

It seems in life that we all have our ups and downs. The last few months for me have been somewhere in between. Moving for me hasn't been the happiest of things, leaving somewhere that I lived for 19 years has just hurt. I KNOW that this move was the right thing for our family. It just doesn't make it any easier to leave what you have known, a place that you have become comfortable with....safe.

It has taken me six weeks to get comfortable with my new house and all the new surroundings. I've learned that it just takes time but time is what you make it. Working on different parts of the house can be draining but also very rewarding. The photos of my children are up on the wall, I'm now surrounded by pictures of family, and my Grand babies......who I miss terribly! The comfort that I was missing is coming into view for me and I am becoming happier because of it.




About the only thing that hasn't made me happy the last few weeks is falling down. I felt pretty silly about how it happened and quite embarrassed. I was on my way to meet a new friend, Stacy who happens to be a Close to my Heart consultant at a local Starbucks. I was so excited about meeting her AND seeing the new catalog that I wasn't paying any attention to where I was walking!! I fell down directly on top of my left knee. Quite embarrassing to have to hobble into Starbucks and ask for a wet towel because you have blood flowing down your leg! Not to mention sitting down and then seeing your new friend and introducing yourself while you are cleaning your bleeding knee! I can laugh now but it hurt so bad and for anyone that thinks hydrogen peroxide doesn't sting you are soooo wrong!! It has healed nicely in a week and the scab is starting to fall off.



Today marks a mile stone in my Granddaughter Piper's little life.....she is "2", time goes by so fast even more so now that I have Grandchildren!! Happy Birthday to Granny's little princess! I can't wait to hear about your reaction when you get your package in the mail at the end of the week. Hopefully you will enjoy what I've made for you! I love you more Piper!!

4 comments:

belle d. said...

awww...i know how it feels to fall down recently AND move! it's the pits for both! i'm glad you're slowly but surely getting settled into your new home and i'm glad your knee is healing nicely too! i just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!
abrazos,bella
former ctmh sister

Stampin n da Hood said...

oh for heaven's sake!
You have GOT to quit scaring the bajeebeez outta me!
I didn't even recognize your face at first!!
Kisses for your boo-boo!
Soooooo how do ya like the new IB?!

Kathy said...

Juel, I am so sorry you are hurting now. That looks mighty painful to me!

Hope you get settled in a heal really fast!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, we lived in Kennewick 30 yrs. and I seem to fall down a lot. As my grandma used to say, at least I am closer to the floor than a tall person.(she was 4'7") I tried to tell Dave I was too old to move and make new friends and he just laughed. Sympathy...That knee looks so sore! I too had to enlarge that picture to see if it was you. Glad you are better now.
Helen Bixby