Friday, March 13, 2009

Many happenings of the week

The week started off with snow falling from the sky........hello, it is March! Isn't it suppose to be spring? I hope I didn't loose any of my lilies that were popping out of the ground!! I went out to do errands the day it snowed to find that the cold weather left my car not happy. It wouldn't start.......dead battery, so we thought. Husband gets home, goes to take a look and it starts right up..........hhmmmm, I think maybe I was suppose to stay home. I like it when God protects me this way.
The weather lifted Tuesday and brought a bright sunny sky. Almost blinding but beautiful just the same. I was able to steal away time to go pick up my new phone, which I have been needing to replace for months. I've enter the world of the Blackberry and it is taking time to get it all figured out. Bruce promises that once I get use to it, I will love it and not want to use anything else. Hope he is right, he usually is. Tuesday also lent itself to our oldest daugter Angela, deciding that she wants to stay in Nebraska instead of moving back to the Northwest. We are sad but happy that she has made the decision that is best for her. She is planning a visit for a couple of weeks, the month of September so that will give us something to look forward too.

This weekend is turning out to be full or at least Saturday is.
It will start by doing taxes, which I absolutely hate doing! "Anonymous" asked in a couple of posts down, why I would ever save my receipts for a year? My answer: My DH likes to be able to deduct sales tax so I do it for him. I don't total up what I spend on scrapbooking supplies very often but it does help to keep me honest about where I spend my money. This time it has made me take stock of what I have and made me REALLY want to use it.

We will also we opening up a new account at a credit union in town. It is time to be able to do our banking here where it is going to be a little easier to do things. I've been hesitate to change because we have been with our current financial place for 20 years, we know how things are run. Above all we trust them. I pray that this change will be good. The other reason to open a new account is the children need to have a place to put their money they want to earn this summer so this will lead to us getting their set up soon.


Speaking of children........the other BIG happening on Saturday is my son Ethen is going on his first group date. It is hard to believe and my mother's heart is doing a little stretching as I taken him to shop nice dress pants, fedora hat and then to get his hair cut. We must not forget sometype of flower. He wasn't going to get her anything after all they are only friends, I've been told. I encouraged him to at least give her a nice long stem rose, even if they are only friends. Friends deserve to feel special too. I think he is still as cute as ever and he can make my mother's heart melt! The very top photo was taken when he was just over a year old and next one, was this year's school photo.
I was also able to get some creating done so I will take photos and post those things next week. You can keep up with a few of my happenings over on Facebook, just be sure to tell me you are a blog friend so I will accept you as a friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are both great pictures of Nathan. How old is he now, he is so cute! Helen