Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A little Creativity


As I am getting my creative mojo back it is leading me to feel whole again. I am slowly picking up projects that should have been done long ago instead of starting new ones.


One of the projects I have been wanting to do for a long time is recover a pair of stools I found at an estate sale years ago. I bought the pair for around $5 each over 15 years ago! They have been looking pretty ratty so I found some nice canvas fabric and took a week recovering them both. Fabric cost was under $15, buttons were all on clearance so it brought my total for both stools to $30. Not bad for a solid piece of furniture that gets fought over who gets to sit on them!


Before....remembered to take a picture of them after I had already taken them apart.

After.....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the silver buttons!!
I can feel overwhelmed with things that need to be done just like anyone. It is like once I say I am going to work on something, I tend to beat myself up over not getting it done or putting it aside for something else that I deam more important at the time. I'm glad these only took a few days and made me feel better. It helped me to begin to see the putting it off mode I have been in. Now if I can just finish redesigning my blog......hhhmmm that may have to wait until the kids go back to school!

1 comment:

Stampin n da Hood said...

Ya did a great job, GF!
They're darling!...now about my couch that needs redone....