Saturday, June 12, 2010

Finally!

After weeks of rain here and cool temperatures, I tell you what I am ready for the warmer days!  It is so hard to get caught up on the weeding with the rain.  Finally got out there today, there were some that were over waist high.  Now if I can only get the dog to stop digging a cool spot from under my curly fig tree(that doesn't bare figs) I will be a happy camper.

I made it to my local nursery yesterday for some flowers.  Oh, how I love flowers and color!!  I decided this year to go pretty low key as we have some trips planned.  Plants in pots placed in just the right places so the sprinklers will hit them.  I really don't know how I did without underground sprinklers for years.  I love that I don't even need to worry or think about it anymore.  One of the things that made me totally happy this year was our monster Hydrangea bloomed.  It is so beautiful and I can't wait to figure out how to make it change color.  I promise I will post flower photos as soon as I can.  My video card died this week so as we wait for a replacement the computer isn't happy with the slower built in card OR maybe it is me that is impatient. 

No comments: