Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Love and Hate

I always forget how busy this time of year is for us as a family.  I definitely have a love, hate relationship with Marching Band Season.  I LOVE watching what the kids have worked so hard for the last few months.  I HATE that we have very little time as a family, one or more of us get sick, we are all cranky and the house is messier than usual.  Only a couple of more weeks and then we can get back into a routine!  Looking forward to that.

In the midst of this I'm trying to stay relaxed and not so uptight.  So the Layout a Day Challenge has been perfect for me, even if I am getting to bed at 11pm on some nights.  I know I should be working on my layout durning the day but sometimes I just get side tracked, which is easy to do.  Here is four more days, enjoy!

Day 4, Close crop.  I didn't want to crop to close but it was a good reminder of how much unwanted stuff you can take out of photos.  
Day 5, Print photos in Black/White and color, then decide which one conveys emotion of the story you want to tell.   I'm trying to use what prints I have already made up these days so a combination of B/W and color seemed just perfect.

Day 6, Use a film strip.  I found a free film strip online somewhere, printed it out and there you go.  I will fill the story in later on.
Day 7, Tell a story with no people in your photos.  Mt. Rainer National Park....no problem not using people here or to many words. 
materials: various Making Memories papers, various CTMH papers, Stamps; Dragonfly and Friends(retired) and Wishing Star, Other extras from my stash.

No comments: