Thursday, March 10, 2011

And so it begins

A LONG weekend.  My two teenagers have been madly practicing for a high school play, Fiddler on the Roof since they returned from Christmas break.  Practices 5 days a week and a couple of weekends thrown in there have proven to weigh heavily on this family.(especially when 3 out of 4 of us was sick for 6 weeks)  We are a family that gets cranky when we don't get to spend a lot of time together and I've been known to get the jealous mommies.  Example of the jealous mommies.....when teenage daughter wants to have a friend over because she misses said friend, then I feel left out.  I would rather just spend time creating art with her instead of sharing her.  I realize she has to have time with her friends outside of school so I suck it up and play nice.(at least I try)

So the last nights of the play started yesterday and go through Saturday.  Did a mention that it will be late nights until 11pm?  Ya, I know I am getting older because I can't stay up that late to many days in a row.  I am looking forward to Sunday, the day after the last performance.  We just might end up sleeping in.....right like that ever happens with me.  I am lucky to sleep in past 7am!  Oh well, such is life and it goes on. 

My parents are coming in for a few days so that will be fun.  I am also putting together a Brave Girl apron and trying my best to find motivation to make some art.  I am LOVING the She Art class!  I haven't created any girls yet but my ideas are brewing so that makes me happy.

No comments: