Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Starting to feel caught up

Really I can't believe how tired I've been.  I decided yesterday that I would get back to my regular bedtime of 10pm instead of staying up until after 11:30pm playing.  It turned out to be the best thing!  I actually woke up this morning feeling normal even though I really could have rolled over and gone back to sleep.

Over at Kristin's Blog this week we are taking a look at the color Brown.  I have always LOVED Brown!  It is the color of my eyes and of my very special friend I have had for over 40 years.  So it was natural to me that I would choose my friend, along with a couple of pages from an old Winnie the Pooh book, found at a thrift store for .99cents.  I then by added a pop of Pooh bear yellow, as I like to call it.

The background was painted a light tan, stamped over with a word stamp and a diamond stamp I picked up last year in the $1 bin at Michael's craft store.  The brown circles are from a tp tube dipped into paint then stamped on the page.  I tried the same thing with a light orange paint but ended up not liking it so I covered it up with Liquitex ink in Yellow Orange.  This ink is wonderful because it is transparent but still gives a bold color.  I liked it so much that I used it in the white spaces on the pages and added circles on the book pages. 

5 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Wonderful brown! I need to get busy on these...haven't done yellow yet. I will though:)

I stay up waaaaay toooooo late in the summer!!!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love the sentiment behind your brown page. It is so touching and meaningful. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I like your layout! The Liquitex sounds pretty cool, I need to check that out, thanks! ~Scarlett

Kristin said...

Juel, this is such a wonderful page! I love the sentiment, the personal feel of it and how you described your process (I love that ;) - thank you for sharing this with us, xo

Mandy said...

This is lovely....the teddy and keeper of secrets...so true...xxx