Thursday, September 08, 2011

A promise kept and a surprise

Art, art and more art.  If a day goes by that I can't do it or don't, I can be quite crappy.  When I am making something, every piece of my heart is in what I do, it is a peaceful place.  I am in such a happy place, it is part of my center.  I use to think that you had to have a degree in art to be an artist.  I don't think that anymore and I try to encourage people that think they can't be creative to just pick up something.  You can be creative in ANYTHING you do, it doesn't have to be with a paint brush, colored pencil or pretty inks.  Look at how you keep or organize your house or how you cook(probably better than me).......that IS a form of being creative.  I challenge you to not put being creative into a box, look at what you do and see it differently.

I have learned so much from all the wonderful blessings of classes this year.  I've taken away from them learning techniques that I have helped me so much.  This is one of the projects that I took my time on and it is something I am in love with.  I've always wanted to do something with all the little love notes I have saved for years from my children.  Each little element in this means something and is proudly hanging in my bedroom where I can see it everyday.    

Do you remember this post?  My daughter was asking about what honor meant to you.  We posted the same question on the Brave Girls site.  She then took everyone's answers, printed them out and used them in her artwork.  They turned out so wonderful.  She received a high grade and has decided she doesn't want to keep them for herself put pass them onto the ladies who are a big part of her life.  We put everyone's name into a basket and drew three names, Selena Alvar, Kaere Schmidt and Sandi Floyd Tygar, you will each receive one of these 8x10 canvas.  Enjoy!

If you like what I have done with my Canvas of Love and would like one of your own please feel free to contact me for pricing.  It would be my honor to take your tokens of love and make them something you can see everyday. 

2 comments:

sandi rusch said...

I am honored - you have no idea! I will treasure my canvas FOREVER... thank you so much!!!

Love your art, and seriously, I could have written your first paragraph. Word for word...

xoxo

Mel said...

Beautiful art and love this beautiful post as well Juel. Congrats Selena, Kaere and Sandi!!!