Saturday, December 01, 2012

Welcome December, I am not sure I am ready for you. We have had one snow fall the beginning of November and I hadn't even put my summer clothes away.  I'm hoping it does snow soon, I know a crazy thought but I am having a difficult time thinking that it is even the Christmas season.  Yes, there are Christmas lights in the neighborhood and people are shopping.  I am just not feeling it.

The one thing that has helped me this year has been finding my love of sketching.  Threw the classes The Art of Wild Abandonment 1 and 2, I have fought my inner critic telling me that I just can't do it.  Well, I don't believe her anymore, she is wrong.  Junelle Jacobson is such a wonderful teacher and leaves you feeling like you can do just about anything.  You can find out more about her two classes on her blog, once you pay you have a one year access to the classroom.  This helps you be able to go at your own pace which is wonderful.

I love fall it is one of my most favorite times of year.  So it only seemed natural to make sure that my art journal, received a little bit of my favorite time of year.  I collected a few beautiful leaves this year and each one of them just caught my heart.  With the leaves I tried to stay true to the pattern of colors that I was seeing in them.  These two sketches are a couple of my most favorites and fill me with great peace.  The little bird and his nest is just one that is in my house.  A proof that you can take something from inside your house and make it look as if you had seen in outside.

Be sure you enter my special giveway here and share your memory with me!

No comments: